HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Share | 

TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
jadomingo

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:32 pm

dexter02 wrote:
It would have been better if the representatives of the Philippines were pure Filipinos. I guess the reason why Tita Terri became so popular is because she embodies a lot of qualities that a true-blue Filipino possesses. Anyway, the fact that the representatives from the Philippines sound more like Australians than Pinoys won't stop me from watching and supporting them. go tara! Very Happy

i totally agree! Smile ahehehe...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dexter02

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:57 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Do you think that TARA will ever have a season with people having ordinary jobs?... Razz

Hopefully! It would be lovely to see a rocket scientist join the race. Well, there's nothing ordinary about being a rocket scientist. By ordinary you mean not Mactors? hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:34 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:

But you're right blue, my mom did like the father & daughter team, so I guess It's Team Indonesia for my mom this season... harharhar Razz

strangely, (well not that "strange" tho), many of my friends also like this team :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

But you're right blue, my mom did like the father & daughter team, so I guess It's Team Indonesia for my mom this season... harharhar Razz

strangely, (well not that "strange" tho), many of my friends also like this team :-)

Because these are the kind of teams you can relate to... harharhar Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:03 pm

dexter02 wrote:
It would have been better if the representatives of the Philippines were pure Filipinos. I guess the reason why Tita Terri became so popular is because she embodies a lot of qualities that a true-blue Filipino possesses. Anyway, the fact that the representatives from the Philippines sound more like Australians than Pinoys won't stop me from watching and supporting them. go tara! Very Happy

You got that right... but the good thing here is we're not limited to supporting only racers from Australia... I mean the Philippines, you can also support other teams if you like... it's a free country...
harharhar Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:04 pm

dexter02 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:
Do you think that TARA will ever have a season with people having ordinary jobs?... Razz

Hopefully! It would be lovely to see a rocket scientist join the race. Well, there's nothing ordinary about being a rocket scientist. By ordinary you mean not Mactors? hehe

By ordinary i mean balut vendors or pole dancers... harharhar Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:34 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

Because these are the kind of teams you can relate to... harharhar Razz

I think so. I happen to know someone who knows "the daughter", and she said that the daughter in her "real life" is really a tough and independent girl. So, we will see Smile I think we can put our faith on this team. hahahhaa....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:16 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:

Pole dancers? Now that made me ROFL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:31 pm

The_Siege wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

yeah ceej, why can't we have racers who are pole/exotic dancers... harharhar Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:51 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:

yeah ceej, why can't we have racers who are pole/exotic dancers... harharhar Razz

or belly dancers along with their costumes, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elmo

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:02 pm

lol

Last edited by elmo on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traddict

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:04 pm

4everblue wrote:
it's hard to tell
but it seems so
by axn-TARA definition (and i guess to some degree, TAR too) good tv = good looks and english as 1st language it seems
but technically 70% now are mactors with the exception of Ethan-Karie & Ivan-Hilda (Malaysians) and Hussein-Natasha(Indonesians), right?

Hi Blue...
I just want to inform you that Natasha from Indonesia is a former beauty queen. She was former Miss South Jakarta 2007 (None Jakarta Selatan 2007). So that means she is not that 'ordinary' but I'm sure she is a tough girl Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traddict

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:10 pm

In my opinion, the ultimate reason why TARA producer prefer chosing mactors (and former beauty queens) rather than ordinary people is because they have more experiences in front of tv so that they know what to say & act appropriately to make a good tv. When we, ordinary people will focus ourselves 100% on the race only, the mactors will still manage to say or act funny things or making 'dramas' just to spice things up Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadomingo

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:16 pm

elmo wrote:

spoiler.. more to come!!!

nice one! Bicol!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:18 pm

elmo wrote:

Probably we should create a special thread dedicated for spoilers only and put a WARNING SIGN in its title, as maybe some of us HATE spoilers.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:19 pm

traddict wrote:

Hi Blue...
I just want to inform you that Natasha from Indonesia is a former beauty queen. She was former Miss South Jakarta 2007 (None Jakarta Selatan 2007). So that means she is not that 'ordinary' but I'm sure she is a tough girl Smile

Yes. I happen to know someone who apparently knows her in her "real life", and in her real life, yes, she is tough and independent. I think we can count on this team!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traddict

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
traddict wrote:

Hi Blue...

Yes. I happen to know someone who apparently knows her in her "real life", and in her real life, yes, she is tough and independent. I think we can count on this team!! Smile

I didn't say she isn't tough. I just emphasize that she is not 'that ordinary' Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:32 pm

traddict wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
traddict wrote:

Hi Blue...

I didn't say she isn't tough. I just emphasize that she is not 'that ordinary' Wink

I know, but we couldn't change anything about that. We gotta admit that this is the level where TARA is right now, Laughing. At least we can expect something from her to bring in the race Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traddict

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:35 pm

traddict wrote:
In my opinion, the ultimate reason why TARA producer prefer chosing mactors (and former beauty queens) rather than ordinary people is because they have more experiences in front of tv so that they know what to say & act appropriately to make a good tv. When we, ordinary people will focus ourselves 100% on the race only, the mactors will still manage to say or act funny things or making 'dramas' just to spice things up Wink

Hi Zee, have you read my recent post up there?
I'm not against mactors. Even I finally found out why the producer prefer having them rather than just ordinary people like us Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:39 pm

traddict wrote:
traddict wrote:

I'm not against mactors. Even I finally found out why the producer prefer having them rather than just ordinary people like us Smile

yea, I know Smile Let's just enjoy the show rite now Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
traddict

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 am

Z-1988 wrote:
traddict wrote:
traddict wrote:

But you can't watch the show, can you? lol Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:25 am

traddict wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
traddict wrote:
traddict wrote:

But you can't watch the show, can you? lol Razz

I will find a way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:18 am

Z-1988 wrote:
elmo wrote:

Probably we should create a special thread dedicated for spoilers only and put a WARNING SIGN in its title, as maybe some of us HATE spoilers.... Smile

Good one, Z! hehe. I think he's "new".....or just simply excited.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 am

RaG@zZo wrote:
I just want to share this story guys... Razz

Me & my mom were watching the racers revealed replay episode last Sunday, and when the Philippine team was announced my mom's reaction was "oh why is a white girl representing our country and why is the other girl claiming to be pinay has a very thick accent"... haha Very Happy so I have to explain to her that the requirement for being a racer is living for a certain period in an asian country but I can't deny that she was kinda disappointed... but who can blame her.... lolz Very Happy

See? Even your Mom noticed that the representatives of the Philippines are not "real Filipinos"! haaayz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:31 am

according to the producers, they need a team who people will look forward to watching week after week after week...

unfortunately, when you are a celebrity, people will look forward to watching you...

unfortunately, this is how entertainment works...

unfortunately, this is not the OLYMPICS...

the producers went as far as saying that Philippine teams are so competitive they can come up with an all-filipino race - which the producers hinted, is not entirely impossible... Razz

(i've read this article in inquirer... here is the link:

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entertainment/entertainment/view/20100902-290175/RP-teams-in-Amazing-Race-not-all-Filipino

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....   

Back to top Go down

TARA 4 - Dominated by MACTORS again?....
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Post other topics about the Amazing Race Asia 4-
Jump to: