HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Share | 

Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blue_oceans22

PostSubject: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:05 am

i'm wondering why thailand team did'nt join the race for this season? is there because their bad performances in last season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:28 am

I don't think so. Probably the same reason with why Indonesia had no representatives in season 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronn_franco

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:26 am

Z-1988 wrote:
I don't think so. Probably the same reason with why Indonesia had no representatives in season 3

yeah, and so we filipinos were glad to have reps every season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:01 am

maybe AXN didn't find a strong team on the Thai audition tapes they have received, I mean in terms of personality & character...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chin-go

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:47 am

i think it is because this season the producers want to increase TARA's popularity in those countries which have been chosen. Must be a direction from the sponsors as well..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:08 am

it could also be that during the time of screening for contestants, the country was on stand still brought about by the clash between anti-government and rightist riots...

it was a bloody event, people were stuck in hotels or in their homes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:36 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
it could also be that during the time of screening for contestants, the country was on stand still brought about by the clash between anti-government and rightist riots...

hmm, yea, it makes sense. The audition was held before May (or April (?)) and maybe not that many people from Thailand sent audition video and applied, hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:

hmm, yea, it makes sense. The audition was held before May (or April (?)) and maybe not that many people from Thailand sent audition video and applied, hmmmmm

yep... and even if they did, it's probably hard for the producers to organize an interview... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:59 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:

yep... and even if they did, it's probably hard for the producers to organize an interview... Sad

yeah.

But then why did Indonesia have no representative in season 3??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:

yeah.

Banda Aceh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:51 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:

yeah.

Banda Aceh?

why did Banda Aceh become a problem??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 pm

I still believe that it is due to lack of applicants who successfully caught the attention of the producers because of their catchy audition tapes and interesting personalities. Not so much really on the country's peace and order situation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Or maybe.....no Thai mactor applied in the TARA auditions?! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:15 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
I still believe that it is due to lack of applicants who successfully caught the attention of the producers because of their catchy audition tapes and interesting personalities. Not so much really on the country's peace and order situation. Very Happy

yeah, and why is that? Probably because the number of applicants from that one specific country is low, because everyone there kinda concerned about the political situation there first Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Well not exactly, Z. Both HK and SG have population smaller than Thailand.....but they've got reps this season. I still believe that nobody from Thailand passed the auditions.....

Or it is also possible that TARA is not popular in Thailand.....so the people there never cared if there's an audition. Do we have any Thai forummer in the old forum? None, I think. I have seen many Filipinos, Indonesians, Malaysians and Singaporeans....but not one Thai....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Well not exactly, Z. Both HK and SG have population smaller than Thailand.....but they've got reps this season. I still believe that nobody from Thailand passed the auditions.....

Or it is also possible that TARA is not popular in Thailand.....so the people there never cared if there's an audition. Do we have any Thai forummer in the old forum? None, I think. I have seen many Filipinos, Indonesians, Malaysians and Singaporeans....but not one Thai....

I recall there were several Thai forumers, but not as many as compared to other countries, but I am sure the number was not zero. I recall, there was one who was a fan of Paula (season 2), hehehe.

Well, that's my point. I think there were applications from there but none of them was "good" enough (maybe). And why was that? Maybe because the number of applicants weren't that high because many people were concerned about the critical national situation. Let's say, in normal days, there are like, let's say, 10,000 applications. Because of the national conflict, maybe there were just 1,000 applications. That's why the chance of this country to get a representative went down (maybe significantly) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:14 am

Well if you are good....and I mean really really good, you still would've been chosen even if you are the lone applicant from your country. Smile

But then again, maybe, just maybe, because of their situation at that time when the auditions were conducted, nobody really cared about it. Hell.....they do not even know what will happen next, if they will still be alive the next day....so yeah, probably, very few auditioned for TARA....and those few weren't good enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:16 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Well if you are good....and I mean really really good, you still would've been chosen even if you are the lone applicant from your country. Smile

But then again, maybe, just maybe, because of their situation at that time when the auditions were conducted, nobody really cared about it. Hell.....they do not even know what will happen next, if they will still be alive the next day....so yeah, probably, very few auditioned for TARA....and those few weren't good enough.

exactly my point Smile I am talking about the probability that a country will have a representative Smile The more auditioners, of course it is more likely for it to have a rep Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:

hehe. you really need to bring the mactor thingy don't you? i was reading so intently at the posts regarding the problems in thailand and banda aceh but then mai mentioned mactors out of the blue. you really made laugh mai. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:06 pm

dexter02 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

hehe. you really need to bring the mactor thingy don't you? i was reading so intently at the posts regarding the problems in thailand and banda aceh but then mai mentioned mactors out of the blue. you really made laugh mai. Very Happy

lol! Because Dex, this is the season for the mactors! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

but inan and ragz will be joining next season, so next season is a season for the mactors also? hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:57 pm

dexter02 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

but inan and ragz will be joining next season, so next season is a season for the mactors also? hehe

Of course! There is always a mactor in every season! And in TARA 5, it'll be Inan and Ragazzo's time to shine! sunny sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:35 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Of course! There is always a mactor in every season! And in TARA 5, it'll be Inan and Ragazzo's time to shine! sunny sunny sunny sunny

yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh sunny sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JJ always

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:24 pm

blue_oceans22 wrote:
i'm wondering why thailand team did'nt join the race for this season? is there because their bad performances in last season?
I'm a little bit confused too, the name "Asia" is a bit misleading i think as most of the contestants this season are from Southeast Asia. I expected fair representation of teams from across Asian regions such as West Asia (Middle East), Central Asia, Far East, Indochina (Have Iran, Japan, Korea, Burma, Vietnam ever been represented?) etc. I think it'd be super fun to have all kind of Asian in the race, each with their own culture, accent and uniqueness...Just hoping cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:38 pm

JJ always wrote:
blue_oceans22 wrote:
I'm a little bit confused too, the name "Asia" is a bit misleading i think as most of the contestants this season are from Southeast Asia. I expected fair representation of teams from across Asian regions such as West Asia (Middle East), Central Asia, Far East, Indochina (Have Iran, Japan, Korea, Burma, Vietnam ever been represented?) etc. I think it'd be super fun to have all kind of Asian in the race, each with their own culture, accent and uniqueness...Just hoping cat

well, there are tons of Asian countries while there are only 10 slots available, so ... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?   

Back to top Go down

Is there any reason why THAILAND Team did'nt choosen by the Producers?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next