HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to TARA forum!
CHAT with the Racers here TONIGHT: Monday 7:30 p.m. WIB with Indonesia's Natasha and Hussein!!!

Share | 

Confusing

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Z-1988 wrote:

I would LOVA to do that but I can't Sad Mad

why can't you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dexter02

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:04 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
dexter02 wrote:
RaG@zZo wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
CMIIW... Isn't it that the telecast would be on September 23? Then how come it is announce in the AXN site that we can watch Episode 1 online on September 16?

Just like the RR, we can watch it IN ADVANCE (weird, rite?? It's one WEEK before the show airs!!). But it doesn't apply for those (us) who don't live in Asia though Sad

I'll definitely watch this is advance online!!!! harharhar Razz

I'd rather watch it on TV. Nothing beats lying on your couch and nibbling on potato chips while enjoying your favorite reality show. hehe

@Dext: don't visit this forum from the 16th to the 23rd because I'm sure spoilers will be everywhere ... harharhar Razz

it's ok. i don't mind spoilers. i just don't like watching movies or reality shows for that matter online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:20 pm

4everblue wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

I think it's sort of an experiment.

The first time I watched the RR video online, they had a survey and it included questions like "if you didn't catch the show on AXN channel, would you watch it online?" "if the show is available online, would you still watch it in tv?" and other similar questions like that. Maybe they're trying to capture all types of audiences and keep them glued to AXN, whether on TV or online.

But, why air it a week in advance? It will be unfair for the others (like zee who is in the netherlands) who can't access it online and read the result somewhere else.

I think partly, we are the cause of this online showing thingy... as we all know, TARA (with its own forum which axn chose to bring to an end Razz) was quite popular online since season 1.

In addition, in the era of facebook, social media and the likes, i think axn is trying it this new medium to get a hold of viewers they don't get a hold of thru usual means (i.e. tv).

My guess is that AXN needs to study the data/stats of the online viewership that's why they did it in advance and also, it could be they will be very very busy in the actual date of Racers Revealed and Episode 1 to do such things. Lastly, I don't think what's fair on our opinion is the same with them. I think it's more like how they will gain on this? So, Inan may be kinda right hehe Wink)

hmmm, interesting. Yup, that does make sense now Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:

I would LOVE to do that but I can't Sad Mad

why can't you?

somehow we can not access the link in Europe, kinda "weird".

But after reading blue's opinion up there, I think it does make sense. They are making an "experiment" and the population target is Asian residence, that's why they block users from outside Asia Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inan_kewl

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Z-1988 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:

why can't you?

But after reading blue's opinion up there, I think it does make sense. They are making an "experiment" and the population target is Asian residence, that's why they block users from outside Asia Smile

ah I see... where in EUrope are you again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:44 pm

inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
inan_kewl wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:

why can't you?

ah I see... where in EUrope are you again?

my profile says it correctly, I am in the Netherlands Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Also remember that AXN is a cable channel. And to be quite frank, many households in the Philippines still do not subscibe to cable tv, which I guess is the same picture for the rest of Asia.

Now, if AXN is a cable channel and most households do not have cable tv, then TARA and other AXN shows will remain unknown to most people. So, how do they spread the news about their shows? And how would people get a chance to enjoy their shows? Through the internet, of course!

My guess is they're doing this to attract all online users.....give them a "sneak peek" into their shows, probably get them hooked.....and voila.....people will subscribe to cable tv just to watch AXN shows. Or they will start to introduce online viewing of their shows...but this time on a per pay view basis just like what Inan said.

Z....you're residing outside AXN's target audience, so sorry....you won't have access to any of their shows. hehe. But anyway, I'll try to record the episodes and upload it somewhere else......(we'll keep it our secret, okay? hehe)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chin-go

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:29 pm

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Also remember that AXN is a cable channel. And to be quite frank, many households in the Philippines still do not subscibe to cable tv, which I guess is the same picture for the rest of Asia.

Now, if AXN is a cable channel and most households do not have cable tv, then TARA and other AXN shows will remain unknown to most people. So, how do they spread the news about their shows? And how would people get a chance to enjoy their shows? Through the internet, of course!

My guess is they're doing this to attract all online users.....give them a "sneak peek" into their shows, probably get them hooked.....and voila.....people will subscribe to cable tv just to watch AXN shows. Or they will start to introduce online viewing of their shows...but this time on a per pay view basis just like what Inan said.

Z....you're residing outside AXN's target audience, so sorry....you won't have access to any of their shows. hehe. But anyway, I'll try to record the episodes and upload it somewhere else......(we'll keep it our secret, okay? hehe)

in that case they should air the show at the same time as the official AXN airs it every week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:52 pm

chin-go wrote:

in that case they should air the show at the same time as the official AXN airs it every week Very Happy

Precisely! AXN is making mistake after mistake after mistake this season. tsk tsk tsk. Maybe we just don't understand their point...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:23 pm

....someday we'll know....AXN will reveal what they're up to!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:03 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:

thanks!!

okay Smile What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:04 am

The_Siege wrote:
chin-go wrote:

Precisely! AXN is making mistake after mistake after mistake this season. tsk tsk tsk. Maybe we just don't understand their point...

Yup, that's it. They shouldn't air it like one week before it airs on TV, that's really "strange" Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:47 am

Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
chin-go wrote:

Yup, that's it. They shouldn't air it like one week before it airs on TV, that's really "strange" Smile

That's why in their survey, they asked if you would still watch it on TV, if it is available online and conversely, would you still watch it online if you already saw it on TV or if you missed it on TV....

They are exploring the possibility of really getting the pulse of their target audience....if it is geared towards online viewing or still the traditional TV viewing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:58 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
chin-go wrote:

That's why in their survey, they asked if you would still watch it on TV, if it is available online and conversely, would you still watch it online if you already saw it on TV or if you missed it on TV....

They are exploring the possibility of really getting the pulse of their target audience....if it is geared towards online viewing or still the traditional TV viewing...

hmm, okay. That is interesting, it really seems that they are experimenting on something, hmmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chin-go

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:03 am

Z-1988 wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
chin-go wrote:

hmm, okay. That is interesting, it really seems that they are experimenting on something, hmmm

still a little strange to me.. AXN is a cable tv station.. i think it will hurt them if the viewers choose not to subscribe coz they can watch online.. if the reason is to increase people's awareness of The Amazing Race Asia, which makes sense, but they don't need to air the show online every episode.. just give people a little taste of TARA and definitely not airing it sooner then the TV's schedule.. weird..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 am

chin-go wrote:

still a little strange to me.. AXN is a cable tv station.. i think it will hurt them if the viewers choose not to subscribe coz they can watch online.. if the reason is to increase people's awareness of The Amazing Race Asia, which makes sense, but they don't need to air the show online every episode.. just give people a little taste of TARA and definitely not airing it sooner then the TV's schedule.. weird..

As said before, it is a "test" Smile Maybe they are tyring to get a clearer number of "demand" for online show, that's why they are throwing away something popular for free (but not all of them (because apparently only two episodes are thrown for "free" Smile It makes sense, that's why I (and other people who currently live outside Asia) cannot access the link, because we are clearly not the "market" ). They will do something with the number obtained. As mentioned earlier, MAYBE they will show some programs online, but still, we will have to pay for it Smile

AXN is up to "something".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaG@zZo

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:41 am

Z-1988 wrote:
chin-go wrote:

As said before, it is a "test" Smile Maybe they are tyring to get a clearer number of "demand" for online show, that's why they are throwing away something popular for free (but not all of them (because apparently only two episodes are thrown for "free" Smile It makes sense, that's why I (and other people who currently live outside Asia) cannot access the link, because we are clearly not the "market" ). They will do something with the number obtained. As mentioned earlier, MAYBE they will show some programs online, but still, we will have to pay for it Smile

Oh that's why they are showing online only two episodes so if you want to watch the whole season you have to subscribe to AXN or just wait for it till somebody uploads it in You tube... harharhar Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:27 pm

RaG@zZo wrote:
Z-1988 wrote:
chin-go wrote:

Oh that's why they are showing online only two episodes so if you want to watch the whole season you have to subscribe to AXN or just wait for it till somebody uploads it in You tube... harharhar Razz

yeah, I think they "sacrificed" those two episodes as test episodes Smile They are up to something "bigger", hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:50 pm

haha! Of course! All these strategies are part of a grander plan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:45 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:

Are they? Whoever thought of these strategies should be crucified upside down and blown to smitherins
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:56 am

The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

Are they? Whoever thought of these strategies should be crucified upside down and blown to smitherins

That's so morbid!

It's quite obvious that the marketing team of AXN do not know their target audience very well. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Siege

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:04 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

That's so morbid!

It's quite obvious that the marketing team of AXN do not know their target audience very well. Twisted Evil

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:45 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
The_Siege wrote:
Mai-Siomai wrote:

That's so morbid!

"lol!" yeah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mai-Siomai

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:48 pm

AXN totally missed the target!

Or MAYBE, we are not their target audience! We just assumed that we are, since we are the most loyal and active fans of TARA! haha! It is possible that they are looking at the bigger picture. HHmmmmm....(borrowing from Z...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z-1988

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:27 am

Mai-Siomai wrote:
AXN totally missed the target!

Or MAYBE, we are not their target audience! We just assumed that we are, since we are the most loyal and active fans of TARA! haha! It is possible that they are looking at the bigger picture. HHmmmmm....(borrowing from Z...)

maybe they are aiming for other "market" Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confusing   

Back to top Go down

Confusing
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Post other topics about the Amazing Race Asia 4-
Jump to: